MITZVAH OPPORTUNITIES OF THE MONTH:
There are many volunteer opportunities in our community…
Mitzvah Day –Thanks!
On behalf of Agudas Israel, we want to thank the 105 volunteers who made a difference on the second annual Mitzvah Day. What a thrill it was to see so many volunteers make Sunday, May18th, a day to remember, not just for the Temple family, but for the whole community!
Reaching out across the city of Hendersonville, you touched the lives of hundreds of people, doing 15 projects, serving 17 agencies: Blue Ridge Humane Society, Boy’s and Girl’s Club, Cardinal Care Center for the Elderly, Habitat for Humanity, Helping Hand Developmental Center, Henderson County Sheriff’s Office, Hendersonville County EMS, Hendersonville Fire Department, Hendersonville Rescue Mission, IAM Interfaith Assistance Ministry, Laurel Park Police Department, Mainstay Women’s Shelter, PBJ Soup Kitchen, Spring Arbor West & East/Cottage Care Elder Care Home, and Valley Hill Fire Rescue.
It couldn’t have been a better day as we joined hands in our commitment to tikkun olam, the repair of our imperfect world. Again, thank you so much for volunteering. What a wonderful feeling to know that, together, we can make it all happen.
We enjoyed seeing so many of you at the special Shabbat on Friday, May 16 pm honoring the Mitzvah Day volunteers and agencies, the Mitzvah Day Kick-off Breakfast and Celebration Supper on Sunday, May 18.
If you did not participate this year, maybe next year you will…
Bonnie Cooper, Alan Cooper, and Michael Thorz
Mitzvah Day Chairs
CONTINUE collecting toiletries NOW from all of the hotels that you visit during your summer and winter travels.
Mitzvah day collections Items Needed:
- UNOPENED hotel size toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, new combs & brushes, note pads & greeting cards, pens or pencils, etc.)
- NEW toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Healthy snacks: shelf stable-individual servings of raisins, granola bars, fruit cups, fruit chews, non-sugar individual cereal boxes, 100% Juice boxes.
- Food Bank requests: creamy peanut butter, CANNED tuna, meals (no pork or shellfish), fruits, chunky soups, 100% juice.
- Children’s art supplies: paper, watercolor paints, modeling clay, glue sticks, popsicle sticks, large size crayons, play dough
- BABY & TODDLER: socks and sippy cups, diapers & baby wipes
- Feminine Products (unopened packages only)
- Backpacks and school supplies
- Blankets, towels, & newspapers
- Dry dog and cat Food
AGUDAS ISRAEL HELD ITS FIRST MITZVAH DAY MAY 2013
Thank you for volunteering to make a difference during Agudas Israel’s 1st Annual Mitzvah Day. What a thrill it was to see 90 volunteers make Sunday, May 5, 2013, a day to remember, not just for the Agudas family, but for the entire community!
You baked 1,200 cookies, filled 400 toiletry bags and 200 trail mix bags, hosted 3 social events with elder care centers, assembled cabinets, served lunch, socialized with dogs, and planted flowers. In addition, you sorted, shlepped, arranged, cleaned, organized, and more. Reaching out across Henderson County to 12 agencies in 14 projects, you touched the lives of hundreds of people.
As we joined hands in our commitment to tikkun olam, the repair of our imperfect world, it couldn’t have been a better day. What a wonderful feeling to know that, together, we made it all happen. We look forward to seeing you at the next Mitzvah Day, Sunday, May 18, 2014.
Bonnie & Alan Cooper, 2013 Chairs