SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2018 at 2:00 pm
“A Masterwork Performance”
The French Connection Featuring Christopher Tavernier, Pianist Matthew Hanna, Clarinet – FLAT ROCK PLAYHOUSE -Downtown Hendersonville Venue – Program Highlights: “A Musical Connection with some of the Greatest French Composers” to support THE HENDERSON COUNTY HUNGER COALITION and AGUDAS ISRAEL CONGREGATION
AGUDAS ISRAEL ANNOUNCES A NEW SPECIAL EVENTS COMMITTEE, CHAIRED BY PHYLLIS BENTLEY. The first event was a Pot Luck Shabbat Dinner on Friday, July 21, 2017, following the 5:30pm Shabbat Service.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2016 SISTERHOOD HOSTED CONGREGATIONAL CHANUKAH DINNER – The Sisterhood of Agudas Israel sponsored a free Chanukah Dinner for all synagoue members following the early Shabbat service. This event, chaired by Teri Nadler-Thorz consisted of a sit-down family style dinner including roasted chicken, potato latkes, and all of the fixings, plus a decadent chocolate fountain!
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2016, 2pm – AGUDAS ISRAEL PROUDLY PRESENTED PIANIST, CHRISTOPHER TAVERNIER
“Great Piano Classics” at The Flat Rock Playhouse Downtown Main Street in Hendersonville…
Chair: Carol Leaman…Guidebook Ad Sales: Sherry Harris…Publicity and Guidebook Layout & Design: Bonnie Cooper
SHABBAT ACROSS AMERICA: Friday, March 4, 2016 – Over 80 people celebrated Shabbat together with service, music by song leader Penny White and a delicious dinner.
MITZVAH DAY – SUNDAY, JUNE 7, 2015
Our second annal Mitzvah Day was another great success. Remember to collect the following items for the next Mitzvah Day. We will be collectiong for our agencies:
- UNOPENED hotel size Toiletries (shampoo, lotion, soap, new combs, note pads, greeting cards, pens or pencils, etc.) for Rescue Mission, Mainstay, Only Hope WNC, IAM
- NEW Toothbrushes & Toothpaste* for amenity bags for Rescue Mission, Mainstay, Only Hope WNC, IAM
- Dry Dog & Cat Food, Blankets, Towels, Pet supplies* for Humane Society
- Diapers & Baby Wipes (all sizes) for Mainstay
- Feminine Products, cosmetic bags, and unopened cosmetics for Mainstay
- Manicure supplies for Mainstay and PACE
- Healthy snacks: shelf stable-individual servings of raisins, granola bars, fruit cups, fruit chews, non-sugar individual cereal boxes, 100% Juice boxes for Mainstay and Only Hope WNC children
- Food Bank requests: creamy peanut butter, CANNED tuna, meals (no pork or shellfish), fruits, chunky soups, 100% juice for IAM
- School Supplies and Art Supplies (construction paper, crayons, jewelry beads) for Only Hope WNC and PACE
- Costume Jewelry and accessories in good condition for Dress for Success for Mainstay residents
- Books for Literacy program in good condition for Books for Good, Inc.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 16, 2015
The first annual Mountain Jewish Festival was a great success! Over 1,500 people from the surrounding communities attended. Everyone enjoyed the delicious foods, live music, holiday crafts, video of the History of the Jewish people in Hendersonville, meeting Rabbi Rachael Jackson, and learning about the traditions and holidays. The Judaica Boutique and Book Sale were also a big success. Over 85 Agudas Israel members volunteered to work on this event. We raised the awareness of our congregation in the community.
Agudas Israel taking part in Shabbat Across America – Friday, March 13, 2015
HARD LOX CAFÉ – JEWISH FOOD AND HERITAGE FESTIVAL – SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2014, 11am-4pm
AT BATTERY PARK, NEXT TO THE GROVE ARCADE IN DOWNTOWN ASHEVILLE
One of the greatest events in Asheville, North Carolina is the HardLox Jewish Food and Heritage Festival! This year it will take place on Sunday-Oct 19 and for the third year in a row; Agudas Israel will be in the thick of it again with our own expanded booth!
From 11am to 4pm in Pack Square in historic down-town Asheville, you can experience lots of great traditional Jewish Food, (OMG -it’s like you have been transformed back to Brooklyn!) , Israeli dancing, crafts, a Kids Zone, Klezmer music and lots more. Every Jewish organization in the Asheville area and surround-ing states will be represented with many providing interactive educational opportunities to learn more about our Jewish heri-tage and culture.
This is one of the best events of the year- you do not want to miss it! E-mail me at Holisticqueen1@aol.com as we will have a rotating schedule so that all of us can experience the food and shopping! See you there, Dr. Teri Nadler-Thorz – Chair for HardLox
RUMMAGE SALE On Sunday, September 29, 2013, Agudas Israel held it’s first rummage sale. Members cleaned out their closets, garages, attics, basements, and storage lockers…and we had lots to sell. The customers were happy with the very organized and beautifully set up sale chaired by Carol Leaman,Teddi Segal, Barbara Gittleman, and Natalie Zitnick. The special scarecrow was our very own Teri Nadler-Thorz. A very large group of volunteers worked hard the weeks before catagorizing and pricing the merchandise, others worked on the set up and take down, as well as as sales associates offering suggestions and help to customers .